Saturday, October 6, 2007

Reading Day


Friday was reading day at the ABC Christian Academy where I teach 5th grade. I am posting a picture of my class. The students (and teachers) were suppose to dress up as any book character. There are always a few ,though, who will do a movie or TV show character. I had pirates, princesses, Mickey Mouse, Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer, an old lady, a World War II soldier, somebody from Star Trek, and some I couldn't figure out. I was suppose to be Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde.

I have eighteen countries represented this year in my class alone. Granted some of them are two or even three different nationalities. They are America, Malawi, Canada, England, Ethiopia, Cameroon, Kenya, Lebanon, Italy, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Holland, Wales, Australia, Mozambique, India, Philippines, and Portugal. I even have a little boy whose parents are from Jackson, Mississippi. It really is a small world.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sam's Facebook

Sam McDonald's Facebook profile

LeAnne's Facebook

LeAnne Boutwell McDonald's Facebook profile