We are getting settled in our new home. We are so thankful for this beautiful house. I have attached some pictures. Sorry it has taken me so long to get them posted. We are almost finished putting things in the right place. Although we are finding out the little kinks of having a brand new house.
I was in our room putting up clothes and such, when our lights starting flickering and then I heard a loud pop come from the kitchen. I went in there and smelled something burning. I thought our American (110 volt) microwave was fried. I saw Ronald, an ABC graduate who is an engineer, outside our kitchen window and asked him to come in and check my transformer. It was reading 256 volts, so he thought something was wrong with it and said he would take it to try and repair it. He checked another transformer and it was reading the same thing. So then he checked an outlet on the wall. Our electricity was set at 356 volts instead of 220, so that is why our transformers were reading 256 volts. So thankfully, nothing was wrong with the transformers. Ronald had ESCOM (the local electric company) come out and fix the problem. So right now we have electricity.
Well, here are the pictures I have promised you. Sorry it took so long.
This is one view of the living room.
This is another view of the living room.
This is one view of the kitchen.
This is another view of the kitchen.
This is the breakfast nook.
This is a picture of Molly Grace and two of her Malawian friends, Tiamika and Takondwa, in the playroom. I teach Takondwa. Their father is the registrar for the Bible College.
This is the master bedroom.
This is Amber Elizabeth's room.
This is Molly Grace's room.
This is Sarah Rose's room.
This is a picture of he girls' bathroom.
We love you all,
LeAnne (for all 5 of us)